Friday, February 19, 2010

Date Night!

After a really long, fusterating week dealing with contractors and preparations for the new house, my Friday night plans consisted of a night of childcare for a last minute class at church. Would have liked to go home to bon bons and a good movie. I knew that plan had to be scrapped for another night so I packed up the little ones for the journey to pick up Daddy and big sister. Due to time restraints we had planned to pick up my husband from work and then my daughter from school. We drove the 20 minutes to get my husband. Waited for him to finish. Stopped off for a potty break and were on our way again. While sitting in traffic to get my daughter my phone rang...it was a friend of ours that has been known to watch our children on occasion. She wanted to speak to my hubby...weird. He proceeded to have a secret conversation. I soon discovered what he was doing. "Wait, I have to work tonight!" Ooops....his plans of an extremely long over due and much needed date had a huge glitch. Well after some negotiations and rearranging we were able to get a replacment for the childcare at church, leave our kids and go to dinner. It was great! Just what we needed!

I cannot tell you how much it meant to me for my husband to realize we needed some time together and make the arrangments to make it happen. That never happens. Actually, dates never happen either! Our last date was 18 months overdue. We had dinner at a restaurant that was so loud we couldn't hear our conversation and then proceeded to Walmart where we split up and went shopping for the kids! Well I did anyway. I think he was in the electronics department. Isn't that terrible? We are so caught up in taking care of our kids, our jobs, and other people that we are neglecting each other. Do something to grow your marriage everyday. Go the extra mile. Acknowlege their feelings and do what it takes to make them feel special.

No comments:

Post a Comment