Saturday, March 20, 2010

Not Always The Way We Thought...

For several years I have been working on staff, part time, at our church assistanting the minister of the preschool ministry. When I started I had my two oldest girls. Just over a year ago I delivered number four. Everything changed....we cannot do the things we used to do and I don't have the energy I once had. With four children five and under life turned somewhat complicated.

Just before the 2009 holiday season my husband stepped into a ministry position as the Children's Pastor over 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders. It soon became obvious that my season ministering with the preschoolers was over and God desired for us to serve in a ministry together. It is hard to walk away. The change is huge for me. I am giving up income that we use to pay for our oldest daughter's tuition. We had been contimplating the change for a couple months and thought we would want until the end of the school year for me to leave so that we could continue using my income for tuition. After all, my income completely went towards tuition, uniforms, and gas to go back and forth to school.

At the beginning of the month God assured us that this was the time and He would provide everything if we would just walk in obedience. I submitted my notice but kept trying to figure out how God was going to provide. Silly really. I thought my husband would start earning a wage for his service Pastoring the children. At least the amount we are loosing from my decrease in wages. No. God had another plan and I didn't even realize what had happened because I was waiting for "my plan" to break through. My husband was introducing me to his volunteers and sharing the exciting news that I would be working with them after the end of the month and it clicked. He was saying, "God is so good. We stepped out in faith and obedience on this issue and He provided. I just received another promotion at work!" Gosh! He told me that the other day but it didn't process. That was the break through we were waiting for and I missed it!

Have you ever missed the provision because you were too busy waiting for "your plan" to work out?

No comments:

Post a Comment