Monday, March 22, 2010

To Schedule or not to Schedule....that is the question

Have you ever just wanted to sit around and drink coffee and eat snacks all day? Let the kids run wild, the laundry pile up, and throw the whole "schedule" out the window?

The Word says in Proverbs 31:17 (message) "First thing in the morning she dresses for work, rolls up her sleeves, and is eager to get started. She senses the worth in her work, is in no hurry to call it quits for the day. She's skilled in the crafts of the home and hearth, diligent in homemaking."

How many of us actually have a plan for the day? I never did and I always snickered at others that did. We just did whatever we wanted....back when I had one child and even with two. Once three came I felt the tension and then with four God finally broke me down and I realized that we just cannot do the same things we did before. We have made changes to our routines. Or shall I say "adopted" a routine.

Today we are scheduled. Somethings are by time and others by day. I recently started a laundry schedule. It works for us and now I don't feel like I am always doing laundry. Start by scheduling bedtime and wake up times. Snacks, lunch, and dinner. Keep to it for a week and add one more thing at a time. If it doesn't work stop and try something else! Have a purpose for your each and every day!

Here is of some of our basic routines.

Food:
7:00 Breakfast
9:30 Snack
12:00 Lunch
3:00 Snack
5:00 Dinner
7:00 Snack

Sleep:
6:30 Wake Up
9:30 Baby Ruth 45m nap
12:30-2:30 Nap/Quiet Time
7:30 Bedtime

Laundry:
Monday - Mom/makayla's sheets
Tuesday - Makayla/Ruthie
Wednesday - Dad/master sheets
Thursday - Mikey/sheets
Friday - Hannah/sheets
Saturday - Towels/Ruthie's sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment