Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Calling in Sick!

Have you ever wanted to just sit around all day sipping coffee, eating snacks and watching TV? Let the kids run wild, the laundry and dishes stack up, and throw the schedule out the window?

Yesterday was such a "rebellious" day for me. It was thunder storming all day here and dark and miserable. I took my time getting my shower. Let the kids sleep in and hang out in their pj's. Of course, I did change diapers and feed them breakfast. I had every intention of boycotting our daily schedule. The day started out slow but then something snapped around lunch time. I couldn't do it! The mess of toys all over the house was normal, yet it was really bothering me. Preparing lunch for my three hungry children became a huge task as I tried to maneuver around all the dirty dishes. My rebellious plan was thrown out the window and the daily schedule snook back into our lives.

Maybe that schedule isn't so bad after all? Not so sure I was happy during my brief moment of insanity. Sometimes it feels like that is all I do. Cook, clean, teach, discipline, etc. Should it be such a hassle?

God reminded me of the Proverbs 31 woman "She's up before dawn, preparing breakfast for her family and organizing her day" proverbs 31:15 and "She keeps an eye on everyone in her household, and keeps them all busy and productive." proverbs 31:27. So my prayer is that God gives me that desire each and every day. The desire to be productive and take care of my household. He will give me strength to start and the joy to continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment