Friday, April 24, 2009

Peace in my home?

We had a guest speaker at our MOPS meeting this morning. Her name is Amy and she is an annointed Mommy! I mean she has a "peaceful" home and is striving to share her tips with others. God really used her to speak to me personally...I know others were touched too. I really need to strive for peace in my home daily!

She shared with us 7 things that we can do to bring immediate peace in our home. It takes about an hour, while the kids nap or are watching a video.
1. Turn on some praise & worship music.
2. Bake something like cookies or brownies. Smells are great. Brewing coffee works for me...I love the smell, and the taste!
3. Take a basket and go throughout your main living areas and pick up "stuff" that doesn't belong there.
4. Vacuum the floor. A clear floor is great!
5. Pick up papers and put them in a basket or piles out of sight.
6. Get laundry out of sight. Don't have to put it away just put it in a basket and to the room it needs to be in.
7. Take your kids and sit down to relax and eat those yummy goodies you were baking! Enjoy the laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment